New technology incorporates two full 4G base station entities on the single BreezeCOMPACT hardware, improving operator deployment Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Cape Town, Africa – AfricaCom 2013 and WiMAX Forum Africa Operators Summit– November 12, 2013 – Telrad Networks, a global provider of innovative 4G wireless and telecom solutions, recently launched a flexible, multi‐sector solution enhancement to its flagship base station, BreezeCOMPACT 1000, as well as its newest model, BreezeCOMPACT 3000. The dual‐sector/carrier platform provides doubled capacity, without compromising performance – supporting a strong business case for operators.
Explosive demand for broadband is driving an increase in base station equipment, resulting in more site construction and higher operations and maintenance costs. Simultaneously, users require additional capacity to support their bandwidth‐heavy applications. Telrad’s new technology now doubles the capacity from a single BreezeCOMPACT all‐in‐one base station, greatly increasing throughput and coverage, while reducing CAPEX, OPEX and overall site acquisition costs.
“This new solution offers operators a kind of ‘double base station’ with just one BreezeCOMPACT,” said Mark Altshuller, Telrad’s Chief Technology Officer. “It is becoming more and more challenging for operators to meet growing user demand for capacity, over limited bandwidth. This dual‐sector/carrier functionality will be a game changer for many of our customers and will play a key role in their ability to sustain profitable businesses.”
Key features/benefits of the dual sector technology include:
- Capacity: The solution, in effect, doubles capacity of a BreezeCOMPACT network.
- Coverage: Now BreezeCOMPACT fully supports two MIMO sectors, providing efficient coverage to roads, undeserved and remote areas without compromising capacity.
- Cost‐Effective: Regardless of maturity or stage of deployment of a network, the software makes Telrad’s high‐performing, WiMAX/LTE base stations incredibly cost‐efficient by reducing the amount of equipment and space needed.
- High Performance: Special load balancing algorithms coordinate balance between carriers, utilizing better spectral efficiency and performance of the whole network.
- No compromises: The addition of the new multi‐sector/carrier functionality only enhances the BreezeCOMPACT system, with no interference or degradation to the performance of a single carrier.
- Easy Upgrade: BreezeCOMPACT base stations utilize Software Defined Radios (SDR), enabling an easy, software upgrade to add the dual sector functionality.
Mr. Altshuller added, “Our solution is different because this capability does not require additional hardware, a result of the unique BreezeCOMPACT architecture. This solution is aligned with our vision to address the growing demand for wireless broadband, helping operators to utilize available spectrum resources while optimizing their business case.”
Telrad Networks will be demonstrating their latest 4G products today at AfricaCom, in Cape Town, South Africa at booth E13B.
Networks Telrad Networks is a global provider of innovative 4G wireless and telecommunications solutions, boasting over 280 4G deployments in 150 countries. With its acquisition of the BreezeMAX™ and BreezeCOMPACT™ product suite, Telrad stands at the forefront of the technology evolution of next-generation WiMAX and LTE solutions. Since 1951, the company has been a recognized pioneer in the telecom industry, facilitating the connectivity needs of millions of end-users through operators, ISPs and vertical markets. The company is backed by private equity fund Fortissimo Capital. (www.telrad.com)